I can officially announce that Burning Chair Publishing have offered me a publishing contract for the second book in my YA fantasy series.
On 14th September, I happily emailed my signed publishing contract back to Burning Chair and began the process of editing my manuscript after receiving feedback from Pete and Si.
So what’s the process and the plan for Book 2 from here?
- What I’m doing at the moment is editing my novel in response to Pete and Si’s feedback. Once finished, I’ll email that off to Burning Chair (version 2).
- As you can see, my novel is still known as Book 2. I need to come up with a book title.
- Burning Chair will create a developmental edit document and email it back to me.
- I’ll then edit my manuscript and email it back to them (version 3).
- Burning Chair will carry out a copy edit to check for inconsistencies.
- More editing on my part, then back to Burning Chair (version 4).
- In discussion with Burning Chair, the book cover design process will begin.
- Once the content of the manuscript is agreed on and we have a book cover, Book 2 will be sent out to beta readers.
- With the feedback from the beta readers, I’ll make final changes to my novel (version 5).
The plan is to publish Book 2 at the start of 2021, unless we can get through the whole process above in time for publication in mid November (who knows?).
What can you expect from Book 2?
Steve and his friends will be forced to face the consequences of their actions in Haven Wakes. The world of the Haven Chronicles series – both magical and work-a-day – will be expanded beyond the city of Caercester. A new threat will raise its head, dragging Steve and the others back into danger.
If you want to know the inspiration behind the first book in the series, have a look at this article from last year.
Follow my writing journey of Book 2 on my Twitter account.