So what now? Well, I suppose I’d better write the next book in the series.
Book two in the Haven Chronicles has the working title of ‘Haven Journeys’ but I don’t think that’ll be the final title. It does, however, give a hint of what Steve will be doing.
Haven Wakes introduced you to:
- our main boy, 12 year old Steve Haven
- his normal life
- his world
- a new, hidden, magical world
- his new, magical friends
The second book in the series will continue Steve’s adventures. I can’t tell you too much, but the second book may include:
- Steve’s magical friends mentioned above
- the powers that be in the magical world
- a jaunt off abroad (with less jaunt and more danger)
- more background to the world of magic
- a new dilemma for Steve
What will I be researching to help me write Book 2? Many, many things but I can tell you that I’ll be looking into how a desert city might look in the future.
My target is to finalise my chapter plan by the end of October at the latest and have the first draft finished early 2020. Wish me luck.